Introduction to the History of Christianity: Second Edition, Inkling Interactive Textbook
The Inkling Interactive Textbook contains the full text of the print textbook of Introduction to the History of Christianity: Second Edition PLUS the chapter summaries and primary sources from the print Study Companion, PLUS enhancements that engage students like never before!
• Over 25 audio and video clips that further explain key concepts
• Poptips, links, and callout boxes for deeper learning
• Guided tour, slideshow, and hotspot images for visual learners and better understanding
• Self-tests that lead students to additional information about questions they answered incorrectly
• Social note-taking that optimizes group study and whole-class inquiry and discussion
• Full-text search capabilities, bookmarks, highlighting, and note-taking features for discovering, synthesizing, and retaining important information
Built by a team of experts!
The Inkling Interactive Textbook was created by subject matter, pedagogy, and media experts who combined forces to optimize the textbook's award-winning content, advanced teaching methods, and superior use of media technologies.
Complete Inkling Interactive Textbook $49.99 from inkling.com
Unit 1 (Common Part) Free
Contributors, Preface, and Timeline
Unit 2 $29.99
Volume 1: Beginnings to Reformation
Part 1—Beginnings: AD 1-325 (Chapters 1-7)
Part 2—Acceptance and Conquest: AD 325-600 (Chapters 8-15)
Part 3—A Christian Society: AD 600-1500 (Chapters 16-21)
Unit 3 $29.99
Volume 2: Reformation to Present Day
Part 4—Reform and Renewal: 1500-1650 ( Chapters 22-27)
Part 5—Reason, Revival, and Revolution 1650-1789 (Chapters 28-31)
Part 6—Cities and Empires 1789-1914 (Chapters 32-36)
Part 7—A Century of Conflict 1914-2001 (Chapters 37-42)
Part 8—Epilogue: A New Millennium (Chapter 43)
Unit 4: (Common Part) Free
Glossary, Further Resources on the History of Christianity, Index
"This is a book whose honesty, scholarship, and general attractiveness commend it even to the nonreligious reader."
— Publishers Weekly
"If you have only one church history book, this should be it. No other survey so attractively combines accuracy and readability with an abundance of well-chosen illustrations. It will please both those who like to read about the past and those who never knew how interesting it could be."
— Christianity Today
"This fine handbook...with its charts, maps, diagrams, and color illustrations will help readers through the maze of complex Christian history."
— New York Times