Genesis: An Introduction
This product ships separately within 10 business days of placing your order.
This item is not returnable.
Release Date: Saturday, August 1, 1992
Format: Paperback, 288 pages 6 x 9 inches
Publisher: Fortress Press
Request an Exam,
Table of Contents
The introductions from Westermann's three-volume commentary on
Genesis in one volume.
"The erudition, creativity and literary sensitivity...recommend Westermann's Genesis is a lasting work for years to come."
"These...introductions are, to risk an exaggeration, worth the price of the volumes (in the Continential Commentary series)."
James Luther Mays
Part One: Introduction to the Story of the Primeval Events: Genesis 1-11
- The Story of Primeval Events in the Pentateuch and Its Prehistory
- The Numerative Sections in Genesis 1-11: The Genealogies as the Framework of the Story of Primeval Events
- The Narrative Sections of Genesis 1-11
- The Theological Significance of the Primeval Story
- The Formation and Theological Meaning of the Primeval Story
Part Two: Introduction to the Patriarchal Story: Genesis 12-50
- The Significance of the Patriarchal Story
- The Origin and Growth of the Patriarchal Story
- The World of the Patriarchal Story and Its Setting:
- The Question of the Time of the Patriarchs
- Literature: Genesis 12-50
- The Religion of the Patriarchs
- Structure and Growth of Genesis
- Conclusion to Genesis
Part Three: Introduction to the Joseph Story: Genesis 37-50
- Literature on the History of the Exegesis of Genesis
- Other Literature on Genesis
Supplement to Literature on Genesis 1-50
Index of Biblical References
Index of Names and Subjects
Fortress Press supports 4 different types of orders:
- Purchase: The most common order type. Use it to buy a book from Fortress Press.
- * Exam: Use this order type if you are a professor/academic requesting a book to examine for classroom adoption (not all titles are available for Exam orders)
- * Desk: Use this order type if you are a professor/academic adopting a book.
- * Review: Use this order type if you are a publication or broadcaster requesting a book to review.
Tip: Empty your cart if you have made a selection and would like to change it.
* Subject to approval.
Requests outside the United States
We serve our customers outside of the United States and Canada by a network of international distributors. Please direct your request to the distributor in your area.
If you are teaching in Canada please email Augsburg Fortress Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request.
For a list of International distributors click here.
Click "Continue" to add the item to your cart